Physician for My Cancer Navigator
The Anticancer Fund is a Belgian foundation of public utility with an international scope, focused on clinical research on cancer therapies, and personalized patient information. For the My Cancer Navigator information service we are looking to expand the team with a freelance physician, for approximately 16 to 32 hours per week.
Description of the role
When patients (or their loved ones) approach My Cancer Navigator with questions about their cancer treatment, you will be their point of contact, mostly via (video)call. You will work closely with our team of research managers, who will research the patients’ questions, and make an initial proposal for feedback, and with our oncology consultants who will review this information. You will then write a summary, adapted to the patient’s needs, and discuss the information with the patient in a videocall.
The service is available to patients worldwide, although the current reach is mostly western Europe. Most of the work time will be remote, but depending on your location you would work in the office of the Anticancer Fund in Meise some of the time. Aside from the research managers and oncology consultants, you will work closely with the coordinating physician for My Cancer Navigator, and interact occasionally with the Medical Director, Managing Director and other scientists and physicians.
Because of the unpredictability of the requests and the importance of a prompt response we prefer a flexible approach, where the number of hours per week may vary and be spread over different days.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are a medical doctor, preferably with additional training as a GP or specialist
- You speak, read and write English fluently. Command of French, Dutch and/or another language is a plus.
- You have knowledge of and/or experience in oncology and/or haematology
- You endorse evidence-based medicine, as well as an independent and unbiased approach to patients and their questions
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in the interaction with patients is preferable
- You are willing and able to work with a freelance statute (based on an hourly fee) (= als zelfstandige / en tant que indépendant)
- You are flexible
- You’re willing and able to travel to Belgium when required (frequency depends on your home base)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you in the near future.
Rejoindre notre équipe?
Le Fonds Anticancer recherche toujours des esprits brillants, passionnés de science, qui s’intéressent à la recherche sur le cancer et partagent la philosophie de notre Fonds. Faites-nous savoir si vous êtes intéressé ou avez des questions sur notre organisation et nos activités.