The Anticancer Fund (ACF) is a Belgian Foundation of Public Utility with an international reach and dedicated to expanding the range of treatment options available to cancer patients, regardless of commercial value. We support promising non-commercial research, seek new and better treatment options, and engage in comprehensive knowledge-sharing and collaborate on European policy making. With no commercial shareholders or interference from special interest groups or pharma companies, our focus remains exclusively on patients.
The team consists mainly of scientists and medical doctors and is now looking for a passionate Communication Officer to implement communication strategies that further our goals. As our activities expand, we’re in need of a problem solver with a hands on attitude who can promote The Anticancer Fund, interact with the public, and establish an excellent relationship with the press.
- Message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Develop and disseminate PR tactics to increase our visibility among stakeholders and patients
- Manage, write and launch press releases
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Ensure digital content aligns with our identity and message, and assist with campaigns as needed
- Work closely with the CEO and Medical Director to strengthen employee engagement
Your Profile in a nutshell:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Proven track record in the communications field.
- Genuine interest in the mission of the ACF. Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Anticancer Fund focus and main activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch. Good knowledge of French.
- Ability to fluently communicate scientific information to the non-scientific community
- Knowledge of digital communication tactics, including the use of tools like MailChimp, SEO,…
- A background in the healthcare industry is an asset
- A team-player with a warm, positive attitude always willing to go the extra mile
- A position in a driven team
- An international atmosphere
- A unique work environment
- A competitive salary and package
- Employment for minimum 60%, can be up to a fulltime employment
Only applications with attached CV AND motivation letter will be considered!
Want to join our team?
The Anticancer Fund is always on the look for bright minds that are science enthusiasts, care for cancer research and share our Fund’s philosophy. Do let us know if you are interested or have any questions on our organisation and our activities. We love hearing from you!
Fill in our contact form via the "contact us"-button hereunder or e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 2019