Momenteel hebben wij één vacature.
Freelance physician for My Cancer Navigator
The Anticancer Fund is a Belgian foundation of public utility with an international scope, focused on clinical research on cancer therapies, and personalized patient information. For the My Cancer Navigator service we are looking to expand the team with a freelance physician, for approximately 8 hours per week.
Description of the role
When patients (or their loved ones) approach the Anticancer Fund with questions about their cancer treatment, you will be their point of contact, via e-mail, phone and in person. You will work closely with our team of research managers, who will research the patients’ questions, and make an initial proposal for feedback, and with our oncology consultants who will review this information. You will then write a summary, adapted to the patient’s needs, and discuss the information with the patient in a face to face meeting (or occasionally via phone/Skype).
Geographical scope of work is Belgium. Some of the work time will be spent in the office of the Anticancer Fund in Strombeek-Bever. Aside from the research managers and oncology consultants, you will work closely with the coordinating physician for My Cancer Navigator, and interact occasionally with the Medical Director, Managing Director and other scientists and physicians.
Because of the unpredictability of the requests and the importance of a prompt response we prefer a flexible approach, where the number of hours per week may vary and be spread over different days.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are a medical doctor, preferably with additional training as a GP or specialist
- You speak, read and write English and Dutch fluently, preferably also French
- You have knowledge of and/or experience in oncology and/or haematology
- You endorse evidence-based medicine, as well as an independent and unbiased approach to patients and their questions
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in the interaction with patients is preferable
- You are willing and able to work with a freelance statute (based on a daily fee) (= als zelfstandige / en tant que indépendent)
- You are flexible
- You’re willing and able to travel to patients anywhere in Belgium
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you in the near future.
Deel uitmaken van ons team?
Het Antikankerfonds is altijd op zoek naar knappe koppen die wetenschapliefhebbers zijn, interesse hebben in kankeronderzoek en onze filosofie delen. Laat ons weten of je geïnteresseerd bent of vragen hebt over onze organisatie en onze activiteiten. We horen graag van je!
Vul ons contactformulier in via de "contacteer ons"-knop hieronder, of stuur rechtstreeks een mailtje naar email@example.com.